Saturday, August 14, 2010

Great Aussie Adventure - Day 14


Today when I got up, there were no plans (I think it’s June 4th). So I walked around The Rundle Mall in Adelaide before I had to go to the airport. I dropped of the Getz and got on a plane to Perth. Our plane was delayed for about 30 minutes. There was a lady who checked her bags and then didn’t board the plane. They had to get her bags off the plane before we could take off. The airlines are not permitted to fly if someone’s bags are on board but the person isn’t - security reasons. Apparently, she then showed up 20 minutes after we were supposed to have taken off and they were searching for her bag to remove it, but they didn’t let her on because the doors were already closed. So we left without her! The flight was a bit turbulent, but I landed in Perth 30 minutes after we were supposed to, so it all worked out. As I was leaving the Perth airport, the sunset was just beautiful, all pink and purple and orange. I got to my hotel and I was able to get the fireplace going in the cabin. It was either that or freeze!! My mode of transportation this time is a Mitsubishi Pajero and it’s huge!!! It’s bigger than my 4Runner was and I am a bit intimated to be driving it, but I need 4wheel drive here. Luckily I didn’t have to drive through Perth to get to my hotel and for the next 4 days I’ll be seeing lighthouses and I’ll get used to it! But I think it’ll be fun!! Two days without seeing a lighthouse on my lighthouse tour - not good!!! I believe I’m going through withdrawals!

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
I'm originally from Colorado, but I've been living in Australia for three years. Before that, I lived all over the U.S.: Washington State, Maine, California, Oregon, Nebraska, North Carolina, Arizona, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and more... No, I'm not a military brat or a military wife; I was a traveling nurse for 5 years so I moved to a new city every 3 months. During my travels, I became intrigued with lighthouses and started making plans to photograph as many as I could in whichever state I was living (including the two in Nebraska!) My blog is about my trips to various lighthouses, as well as other interesting trips. I hope you enjoy reading, and leave a comment or two!